Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Inishowen Peninsula in Images

I don't have that much to say about the places I drove to in the Inishowen Peninsula, because they were just beautiful, and my blog posting would look something like this:

"Wow, this place was so stunning"

"Holy crap, this place blew me away"

"OMG, I can't believe how stunning this place is"

So, I will save you the drivel, and just post a bunch of pics of Ballyliffin, and Malin Head, and Five Fingers Strand, and... If you want to know where any given picture was taken, email me. The beauty and softness and silence of these places speak for themselves. You can click on the bottom right of the slideshow to make it full screen, or to change other options.

7 comments:

  1. hai friend nice to meet u here, u hv a nice blog here, u r welcome to my hse, i would like to share yoga pose and knowledge to u, ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber aka purse owner/loverOctober 7, 2009 at 1:35 AM

    I love the pictures, especially the one where land meets sea. Also like the one with the beautiful purse...excuse me, I mean the jutting out rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,

    The pictures are amazing. I particularly like the shot of you sitting on the rock. What a wonderful experience for you.

    Love from Aunty Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What amazing vistas. And weather - every shot has different light!

    While looking in awe (each picture is so well framed, but has a yearning sense of the vastness of the landscape beyond), I'm listening to 1960s English Traveller Phoebe Smith singing trad "The Yellow Handkerchief" on Late Junction: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mwb3s#synopsis. Perfect accompaniment and amazing reminder of the historical variety and unseen beauties of these little islands in the north Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots! The white sand and water look a lot like the Atlantic shores of PEI. All The only difference is the rock cliff faces. Were they red sandstone, I'd swear you were hanging out in my home provence.

    Thanks for posting!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous...and to think you left Kingston for THIS! Incroyable.

    ReplyDelete