Friday, October 23, 2009

Giant's Causeway in Images

While I am still stuck on the couch, I figured I would get caught up. These pics are a month old now - from the same weekend that I went to the Famine Village in the Inishowen Peninsula. The Causeway is one of the island of Ireland's (how else to I say Republic and Northern Ireland economically?) three UNESCO world heritage sites. The site looks like a jigsaw puzzle made out of basalt columns that were formed millennia ago by volcanic activity. The columns look like they could be stepping stones for a giant, hence the name. They're quite fascinating because they are so geometrically even, with most having 6 edges. Enjoy the pics, and remember that if you click or hover over the bottom right corner, you can make the slideshow appear in full screen. Might as well take advantage of the unnecessary 10 megapixels on my point-and-shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie,

    I really enjoyed your pictures of the Liffey bridges, the Giant's causeway, and Phoenix Park which I read about in the book that I took out of the library in Brantford by the Irish author and the same one that you started to read. Our library here ordered the one by Lilly O'Connor, but it ended up being unavailable.

    XoXo aunty nancy

    ReplyDelete