Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ballygowen sparkling: 7/10


It's called sparkling water here, in order to distinguish it from 'still' water. At home we call it soda, or bubbly. I'm addicted to it, but have found that it's just not as bubbly here. I like really big, sharp, mouth-popping bubbles, so I am going to track the different brands. Today I had Ballygowen sparkling, and it caught my attention because it seems to pack more CO2 than the others I've tried. I'll give it a 7/10, in the hopes that I can find an 8 or 9...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Ireland! Other vocab includes, courgettes = zucchini; turnip = rutabaga; scallions = spring onions, and I'm sure there are others!
    You know, I think we walk 'up' when we go away from the Liffey, because we don't really pay attention to North, South, East or West in the way that Torontonians do. Also, away from the riverbank is usually a bit uphill so... 'up'!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete